By jksswimschool, Jun 24 2015 01:01PM
Both children and adults alike can benefit in many ways from swimming regularly. Here are my top 8 reasons why you should get in the pool more often:
1. Build a healthy, strong heart-swimming is amazing for cardiovascular conditioning
2. Non weight baring exercise, which means you are less likely to suffer an injury than other exercises such as running or weight lifting
3. Weight loss-by pushing yourself a little bit and getting out of breath in the pool, you are burning calories and toning up
4. Great time to think and clear your mind-swimming can improve mental health and improve your mood
5. According to a study carried out at South Califonia Univerisity, on average swimmers live longer than people who don't swim regularly
6. Increase in flexibility-swimming helps to increase your range of motion without putting undue stress on your joints
7. Studies have found that children who swim during their dyounger years achieve important milestones faster than their non-swimming counterparts. Researchers found that the type of instruction and sensory learning kids are exposed to early on in swimming lessons translates into the type of learning they do at school.
8. Swimming is a really fun activity that all the family, old and young, can get involved in and is great for a rainy day!